"....with a firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our Sacred Honor.."

Monday, November 8, 2010

Two Years at WCUW Radio

It has been quite a ride for me these two years at WCUW Radio. I opened this election year with an idea to interview candidates and take a more politicized view towards my programming and content. It has paid off magnificiently. My show is heard across the nation and I have met great Americans who share the same concerns we face together.

I have been met with congratulations and rebuke all at the same time. I thanked those who supported me and fought, without, hesitation my detractors. My musical library has tripled in that same time. The musical genre is as varied as my audience. I have had the pleasure of hosting local artists in the studio, premiering major artist's new material and lending support to other Programmers on thier own shows. I am truly blessed.

My family has been behind me 100%, my guests have been candid, intelligent and forthcoming in all we have discussed. Troy Tyree has been a mentor and a hands on Manager. He has transformed this radio station for the better. The Board of Directors have been supportive and have defended me during some of the negative discourse. I am forever in thier debt and will endeavor to carry the integrity of WCUW with me into the years ahead.

My final gratitude goes to the man who started it all for me. His name is William Leblanc AKA "Cap't. PJ" who hosts The Rockin' Revolution that runs 24 hours prior to my show. He took the initial risk of interning me, devoting half his show time to me. Eventually the Meat and Potatoes Show was born. He is a great friend and an even greater human being. I love you PJ and I am honored to have you as a friend.

In the weeks and months ahead there will be more local artists, more political and comical drop-ins, more live sets and more Conservative Radio that is the foundation of The Meat and Potatoes Show. Thank you everyone.



....And That Is The Diatribe....

No comments:

Post a Comment