"....with a firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our Sacred Honor.."

Monday, September 14, 2009

My Catharsis

My Catharsis


I must say, I am truly blessed. I have been wracked over these several years with financial and legal issues that I never thought would dissipate. I think I can truly say that my ship has emerged from the storm with my sails intact.
I say this at the aftermath of an interesting weekend that included an intellectual duel, an onslaught of people interested in speaking with me on the radio and the epiphany that I have come to a point in my life where I have belonged for some time. It just took me awhile to get here.
I have come to some conclusions about life and our place in it. There is an old Vulcan saying. The universe will unfold as it should.
I used to relish in the fact that my life always unfolded as it did and I always found profit and progress in what ever God laid out before me. Over the past ten years I thought that somehow I should start controlling my life and getting some sort of direction established. After all, I had children to think about and a future to worry about. I have found that all that concern was the very thing holding me back.
I will not worry so much anymore. It was random chance that I ran into Captain PJ from wcuw radio. PJ had been a long time fixture in my life, floating in and out as time went on. A random encounter late one night in a 24 hour store down the road from where I lived has set me on a path that has only brought rewards I never dreamed of two years ago. In February of 2009 I began the Meat and Potatoes Show as its own broadcast and have networked my brand of radio genre to an ever growing audience. I have had the pleasure of meeting people I would never have met without this exposure. I would have never found the conduit to speak out politically if it were not for Captain PJ who agreed to intern me at wcuw in the late spring of 2008.
It was random chance that I was re-introduced to an old friend who would challenge me intellectually on political thought. Though our encounter was brazen, I wish now to thank that man for helping me in my catharsis. Again, if it were not for that random encounter, I would not be writing this now. Despite our argument, I was able to find something in myself that has existed for sometime, yet, was reserved and kept ‘on guard’. That something was my comfortability in what and who I am. That something was the realization that I have reached people and have become a radio show producer. For good or ill, I am the owner of the Meat and Potatoes Show and I must no longer treat this as a thing I do on the side, rather, who I am.
This show has evolved into writing, blogging, lining up interviews with people I never would have met before, discussing topics once left to private bantering in my own home, meeting musicians, promoters, activists. I have even re connected with old school friends. I am truly blessed.
This promise I make to myself. I will always perform the best broadcast I know how to do. That is all I need to do and God will do the rest. A gift I have been given. Thank you to all who have been a part of it.
Ladies and Gentlemen, we are wcuw 91.3 fm and online at wcuw.org. Great tunes from great bands, news commentary, interviews and the controversial Diatribe. I am Christopher A.W. Maider and this is, and shall always be, the Meat and Potatoes Show.

..And That Is The Diatribe…

No comments:

Post a Comment